Jean-Luc is a writer, speaker and media spokesperson across many different outlets.
Jean-Luc was 21 years old, living out of his in-laws basement, with no business experience, no degrees and no money. Jean-Luc and his girlfriend (now wife) Chelsea jumped into business together founding Free Form Fitness a chain of award winning luxury personal training studios. The duo grew the company into four locations and into a multi-million dollar business before licensing their model and finally selling the company in Dec, 2016.
Within those 10 years Jean-Luc also founded 8 other companies ranging from a software, to product lines to events. Jean-Luc has been awarded the 40 Under 40 award as well as Entrepreneur of the year. Passionate about entrepreneurship, he enjoys a life of autonomy, healthy life-balance and now spends his time helping entrepreneurs succeed and shares his thoughts on his blog every day.
Jean-Luc says: “When you go to a job and you already know there’s a cap on what you can achieve and on how much of a difference you can make – it erodes your self-esteem. It creates an emptiness in you. I’m not saying you need to quit your job, I’m saying you should be looking for what you are meant to do in this life. Find it and work on it a little at night. Most people don’t take the first step because they don’t know what to do. And we subconsciously don’t believe we can do it.”
If you’d like to speak to Jean-Luc about a media opportunity, please get in touch.
On the Web
- Founder puts entrepreneurial muscle behind new incubator
- The Huffington Post
- Free Form Fitness owner sells Ottawa firm to flex entrepreneurial muscle
- Free Form Fitness Founder Says Gym Chain Just Part of Long-Term Plan
- Ottawa Man Gives $50 Bills Away on the Street to Pay-It-Forward
- The Business of Changing Lives for the Better
- CTV Morning Live Ottawa
- Training for CBBF
- Podcast interview with Career Joy
- Podcast interview with What She Said
- Business podcast series
- Dancing with Easter Seals Stars